LLORENTE & CUENCA is defined by the communications training, expertise, creativity, innovation and vision of our team, which consisted of nearly 500 individuals at the end of 2016. Over the past 12 months, we have hired 140 new employees, 56 of whom were for junior categories and 109 of which were promotions (20 percent to senior categories). These are the statistics of our workforce, and their talent is why we exist.
A strong example of the career opportunities available at LLORENTE & CUENCA, Luis Miguel Peña is now a partner and managing director of Peru. He had been the senior director who led the consulting firm’s Organizations and People and Disputes units in Spain. In his new role, he will join the other managing directors in the Andean Region to form part of the team coordinated by Luisa García. Luis Miguel will work with the support of Humberto Zogbi, nonexecutive president, to help consolidate the company’s leadership position in this country.
New Senior Positions
There were 15 new senior announcements over the course of 2016:
Vice President of Economic Context (Spain)
Managing Director of Cuba
Director of Finance (Mexico)
Senior Director of Public Affairs (Argentina)
Jorge López Zafra
Senior Director of the Corporate Unit (Spain)
Maira da Costa
Senior Director of Corporate Communications
Director in Washington D.C.
Senior Director of the LatAm Desk in Europe
Director Digital Unit Chile
Throughout 2016, we celebrated milestone anniversaries for 36 employees, all of whom are amazing people who show their commitment, dedication, and trust daily.
- 25th Anniversary: Juan Carlos Burgos
- 20th Anniversary: Maria Joao Martins
- 15th Anniversary: Raquel Tintaya and Juan Castillero
- 10th Anniversary: Jose Luis Di Girolamo, Maria Gisela Costa, Alicia Isabel Espinoza and Nami Cardenas.
- 5th Anniversary: Anel Hernandez, Víctor Valverde, Daniel Aguirre, Monserrat Montes de Oca, Beatriz Perez, Georgina Dadmara y Maria Rodriguez, Natalia Olivera, Maria Quintana, Judith Jimenez, Andrea Cantoni, Amalio Moratalla, Daniel Fernandez, Alba Garcia, Ana Ibero, Carmen Muñoz, Natalia Perez, Mar Velasco, Ariadna Carbonel, Saskia Geebelen, Macarena de la Figuera, Beatriz Arribas, Erinete Dionisio de Souza, Flavio Machado, Joice Rodriguez, Leticia Gomez, Luis Veloso, Guillem Lopez and Anatricia Borgues Da Silva.
Improving Employer Branding
Thanks to our commitment to training, professional growth through international career plans and the consolidation of the Young Talent Program (which reached Latin America this year), for the third consecutive year we have been named as one of the “Best Companies to Work for in Spain,” according to Actualidad Económica magazine.
LLORENTE & CUENCA collaborates with various universities to promote knowledge sharing. By participating in select initiatives, we aim to promote talent and give university students a chance to develop their skills in a work atmosphere under the guidance of industry professionals. In 2016, we expanded our partnerships and contact with universities in Europe as well as in the Americas. These include:
- Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (Spain)
- University of Navarra (Spain)
- IE Business School (Spain)
- Autonomous University of Barcelona (Spain)
- Pompeu Fabra University (Spain)
- Pontifical University of Salamanca (Spain)
- Escuela Internacional de Comunicación (Madrid)
- National Autonomous University of Mexico (Mexico)
- University of Panama (Panama)
- Texas State University (U.S.A.)
- University of Puerto Rico (Puerto Rico)
- University of Panama (Panama)
- Universidad del Desarrollo (UDD) (Chile)
- Universidad de San Andrés (Argentina)
- Pontifical Catholic University of Peru (Peru)
- Faculdade Cásper Líbero (Brazil)